genconnectU Instructor Terms & Conditions
These Instructor Terms & Conditions were last updated August 2020
1. gcU Terms
“Base Price” means the course price set by the Instructor and genconnectU
“Gross Amount” means the amount actually received by genconnectU on the genconnectU LMS (Learning Management System) for purchases by Students for Your Course.
“Net Amount” means Gross Amount, less (1) Taxes (pursuant to section 11); (2) for web sales, a three percent 3%) administrative and handling fee,; and (3) Net revenues earned from distribution agreements, see section 6 of the Terms & Conditions.
“Sale Price” means the actual sale price for the Course published on genconnectU. When the Sale Currency is different from the Base Currency, GenconnectU will determine the Sale Price based on the applicable Base Exchange Rate.
“Sale Currency” means the currency of the sale. This is determined by the country of origin of the User purchasing the Course.
When the course is distributed through a third party, the net amount paid to genconnectU is used as the calculation for revenue share as described below in Section 6.
As an Instructor you are contracting directly with GenconnectU., a Delaware corporation in the United States of America. Additionally, although we may utilize other GenconnectU subsidiaries to facilitate your payments, your contract remains between you and GenconnectU.
3. Your Relationship with Students
Instructors do not have a direct contractual relationship with Students. The only information you will receive about Students is what is provided to you through the Services (“Student Related Data”). You understand and agree that you will indemnify GenconnectU for any issues arising out of your use of any Student Related Data.
As an Instructor, You represent, warrant, and covenant that:
1. Your course topic must be pre-approved by genconnectU prior to publishing live.
2. You agree to the pricing and payment terms that are described below.
3. You will be responsible for all of Your Submitted Content. You further agree that You own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions, and the authority to authorize GenconnectU, to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform (including by means of a digital audio transmission), publicly display, communicate to the public, promote, market and otherwise use and exploit any of Your Submitted Content on and through the Services in the manner contemplated by these Instructor Terms;
4. No Submitted Content shall infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property right of a third party;
5. You have the required qualifications, credentials and expertise, including without limitation, education, training, knowledge, and skill sets, to teach and offer the services You offer on Your Course and through the Services;
6. You will not post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information;
7. You will not upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any User;
8. You will not engage in any activity that will require GenconnectU to obtain any licenses from or pay any royalties to any third party, including, by way of example and not limitation, the payment of royalties for the public performance of any musical works or sound recordings;
9. You will not copy, modify, distribute, reverse engineer, deface, tarnish, mutilate, hack, or interfere with Company Content and/or the Services or operations thereof, except as permitted in these Instructor Terms;
10. You will not frame or embed the Services in a manner to embed a free coupon version of your course or other similar functionality intended to circumvent the genconnectU Services;
11. You will not impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s Account;
12. Your use of the Services are subject to GenconnectU’s approval, which We may grant or deny in Our sole discretion;
13. You will not introduce any virus, worm, spyware or any other computer code, file or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment, or any other aspect of the Services or operation thereof; scrape, spider, use a robot or other automated means of any kind to access the Services;
14. You will not interfere with or otherwise prevent other Instructors from providing their services or Courses;
15. You shall ensure a quality of service commensurate with the standards of Your industry and instruction services in general;
16. You are over the age of 18 or, if not, you are between the ages of 13 and 17 and a third party parent or legal guardian has agreed to these Instructor Terms, as well as all other of Our terms and policies as shall be posted on Our Services from time to time, and will assume responsibility and liability for your performance and compliance hereunder
17. As an Instructor, You will be responsible for determining the Base Price You charge Students for Your Course(s). genconnectU will provide pricing guidelines, direction and suggestions based upon current market trends and competitive pricing of similar course topics and instructor status. You agree to charge only for your own Submitted Content.
18. The Company will handle billing and other fee interaction with Students. When the Sale Currency is different than the Base Currency, GenconnectU will determine the Sale Price using the daily exchange rate when the course is purchased.
19. As part of your participation on GenconnectU, You give us permission to share Your Course, and information about you and the Course with GenconnectU employees, for which you will not receive compensation. This is to access and refine the technology, your profile, course positioning and distribution of your course as needed.
6. Revenue Share & Payments
20. We will pay you a mutually agreed upon percentage of the Net Amount received for Your Course less any applicable deductions such as Student refunds (“Standard Revenue Share”). Upon acceptance of your course submission, we will send you an email stating the revenue share percentage, for your approval.
21. genconnectU will also pay you 10% of the net royalties that they receive directly related to the sale of your course to distribution channels when your course is not sold directly on genconnectU.
22. So that Company can pay you in a timely manner, you must have a PayPal account in good standing and keep GenconnectU apprised as to the correct email address associated with your PayPal account. Payment will be made within forty-five (45) days of the end of the month in which the fee for a Course was received. You are responsible for providing Company with all identifying and tax information necessary for the payment of amounts due.
23. As an Instructor, you are responsible for determining whether you are eligible to be paid by a US company.
7. Other Products and Services
As an instructor You may provide links to products, books and other services, excluding your courses on genconnectU and charge your clients and users directly at your discretion. genconnectU is in no way obligated to promote your products or services.
8. License to GenconnectU
You hereby grant GenconnectU a non-exclusive right and license to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, offer, market and otherwise use and exploit the Submitted Content through the Services, and sublicense it to Users for these purposes directly or through third parties. You have the right to remove all or any portion of Your Submitted Content from the Services at any time. Removal of Your Submitted Content will terminate the foregoing license and rights sixty (60) days after such removal as to new Users, provided, however, that any rights given to Users prior to that time will continue in accordance with the terms granted to such Users. You hereby agree that We may record all or any part of any Courses (including voice chat communications) for quality control and delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating or operating the Services. You hereby grant GenconnectU permission to use Your name, likeness, image or voice in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, Courses, Company Content and Submitted Content and waive any and all rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights of a similar nature in connection therewith, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
Instructors nor GenconnectU shall receive any payments, fees or commissions for any transactions for which a refund has been granted upon request. In the event that a Student requests a refund for a Course after GenconnectU has sent an Instructor payment for that Course, GenconnectU reserves the right to either (1) deduct the amount of such refund from the next payment to be sent to that Instructor, or (2) require that Instructor to refund any amounts refunded to Students for Instructor’s Course to the extent no additional payments are due from GenconnectU to Instructor or such payments due to the Instructor are insufficient to cover the amounts refunded to Students.
You understand and agree that You are responsible for any taxes on Your income. We reserve the right to withhold payment if we do not receive proper tax documentation. GenconnectU is unable to provide You with tax advice and You should consult Your own tax advisor.
11. Deletion of Your Account
If You wish to delete Your Instructor Account, You may do so. We will use commercially reasonable efforts make any remaining scheduled payments due and owing to You prior to deleting Your Account. You hereby understand and agree that if Student(s) have previously enrolled to Your Course(s), after Your Account has been deleted Your name and such Course(s) will remain accessible to those such Students who enrolled to Your Course(s). We will make commercially reasonable efforts to respond to Your request within 24 hours.
12. Modifications to These Instructor Terms
From time to time, We may update these Instructor Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices, such as when We add new features, and GenconnectU reserves the right to modify and/or make changes to these Instructor Terms at any time. If We make any material change We will notify You using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in Your Account or by posting a notice on Our Services. Other modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise. If You continue to use the Services, after the effective date of any change, then such access and/or use will be deemed an acceptance of and an agreement to follow and be bound by the Instructor Terms as changed. The revised Instructor Terms supersedes all previous Instructor Terms.